Monday, April 27, 2009

sherman cafe in union square

I've seen the Sherman Cafe in passing a few times, so I decided that we should check it out for breakfast on Saturday morning. My brother-in-law, Joe, spent the night after he and Tony went to watch our friend, Jim's, band (Gene Dante & The Future Starlets) compete in the 2009 WBCN Rock n' Roll Rumble on Friday night. It's in Union Square in Somerville, pretty close to Bloc 11 but on Washington Street.

It's a really cute place with a nice selection of pastries, salads, and coffee drinks. We managed to get a seat by the window to enjoy some of the sunlight, but they also have a couple of large couches available. I think they offer free wi-fi too. I had a nice big latte with a salmon and cream cheese bagel. It was quite yummy! They have knitted coffee cup cozies that people can use instead of the paper kind which is a pretty neat idea.

The scones there are huge by the way! Tony had a blueberry scone and although I thought it was very good, he said it wasn't dry enough for his tastes. Joe had a chocolate chip scone and I think it was pretty tasty since there was nothing left on his plate later.

This is a good alternative for those days when we go to Bloc 11 and we can't find a seat (it's getting to that point lately!).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin