Thursday, May 7, 2009

farmgirl fare: savory cheese and scallion scones

I made these delicious scones for a baking contest we held at work this past Wednesday to go along with a "savory" theme. I was the only one that remembered to bring anything so I guess technically I won! I think they were a big hit anyway though since they all disappeared. As Ms. Martha would say, "It's a good thing."

I got the recipe by Googling "savory scone recipes" and came across this cute blog called Farmgirl Fare. I love looking at the photos of her cute farm animals. This one especially made me laugh out loud:

So anyway, if you like savory scones the way I do, I think you'll like these. They were quite delicious, I have to admit. And much easier to make than I thought it would be to make scones. The only thing I did differently was that I added 1 tsp. of ground black pepper to help give it a little extra kick. (Note: I doubled the batch, so if you make a single batch and want to add the black pepper, too, just do 1/2 a tsp.) I made smaller rounds of the dough, too, so that I could cut them into smaller wedges for a larger crowd. I did the optional egg wash suggestion and I think that made them look much better with a golden top.

Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin