Friday, April 24, 2009

za in arlington, ma

It has been a long time since I've been to Za in Arlington. My friend and I decided to go there on Tuesday night for some yummy pizza and we weren't disappointed. I love this place because they pretty much just do pizza and salads - yes, kind of like Cambridge 1 - but it's a little bit nicer in terms of atmosphere and layout, and they have a nice selection of wines. Tony thinks it's a little too "shee-shee" for pizza. Oh well, you can't please them all, right?

Anyway, this time I had one of their chalkboard special pizzas: Maine Ducktrap Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche, Caramelized Onions, Fontina Cheese, Red Onions, Capers, Dill, and Lemon Vinaigrette. But because of allergy reasons, I omitted the capers and lemon vinaigrette. I got a little bit of olive oil on the side in case it was dry, and that worked perfectly fine.

It was quite delicious and I'd highly recommend it. Although, I think next time I'll request no red onions because there were a TON of them and it was a bit too overpowering for my tastes (as you can see in this photo below).

My friend had their mozzarella and tomato pizza with kalamata olives and said it was delicious, too.


She was smart and saved room for one of their desserts - the Bourbon Pecan Pie with Fresh Whipped Cream. Yum-o! I tried a tiny bite and it was very yummy (although she said that it wasn't as good as her mom's pecan pie - LOL).

And the sign of a truly good friend? One that'll hide a dessert that you are forbidden to eat due to stupid food allergies so that you don't salivate all over yourself. (P.S. Pecan pie is my FAVORITE kind of pie!)

Pie?! What pie? Wha?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin