Wednesday, January 7, 2009

grafton street

Renee and I had dinner at Grafton Street after work last night and it was so nice to have someone to talk to about that feeling of having to go back to work after such a long break. Enough of the blah, blah, blah details ... I'll cut to the chase and tell you about the food.

I don't know why but I've been craving a lot of protein lately, like eggs and meat. Not necessarily together. Anyway, so I decided to get the steak frites and boy oh boy, was I glad I did. Yes, I am a carnivore.

It's so scary to think that I cleared almost the entire plate. Yeah, all 4'7" of me. That IS scary. Anyhoo [insert distraction from that insane thought here], Renee got the fish and chips dish. Man, those fishies were huge!

And the detail that my husband doesn't know about is that we shared their flourless Valrhona chocolate cake that came with a coffee-white chocolate chip cookie and coffee ice cream. Yum. Bad, bad yum.

I think I slept pretty well that night. ;-)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin