Wednesday, January 28, 2009

coconut custard

I love to bake, but because of my stupid food allergies, most of the stuff I bake is stuff I can't eat myself. But, I love to bake. It's the one thing that I have to focus on actually using precise measurements to make something, which is so unlike my other crafty obsessions. Like cooking especially. Recipe? What recipe? Oh my poor husband - the same dish never tastes the same twice.

I found this recipe for coconut custard on Alicia Paulson's blog the other day and decided to give it a try. I remembered having some dried, unsweetened coconut in our cupboard at home so I made ours using that. Here's what it looked like in the end:

It turned out good but rather wet, and I think she refers to this in her post. Perhaps the coconut releases more liquid when it cooks? Too much sugar? Hmmmm. Still yummy though. :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin