Sunday, January 25, 2009

brunch at the beehive

We took Joe and Marina to the Beehive for brunch today before they went to the Boston Wine Expo. As most of you know by reading my past posts, this place is one of our favorites. So we decided to try their brunch and were happy that we did. Errr, our bellies were very happy that we did. :)

I got us an order of their beignets to start off with, mostly because we were all starving. They were freshly fried and so good! Not exactly like the kind in New Orleans as Tony and I remember, and not exactly like the ones in Italy that Marina likes, but still good.

Tony had the french toast which turned out to be quite a tall stack of a breakfast, topped with fresh strawberries.

Marina had the smoked salmon hash and it was so good! (I think I might get that if we go there for brunch again.)

Joe had the "eggs shakshuka". Oh yes. Shakshuka, baby. It's described in their menu as three eggs baked over north African style tomato sauce. I think Joe described it as: delicious.

I had the eggs benedict with smoked salmon. Yum-o. My favorite part of this dish is piercing the yolks and watching the raw egg run down onto the plate. Mmmm ... making myself hungry right now!

One bit of advice: make reservations ahead of time if you can. We did (thank you, Open Table) and it still took a couple of minutes for them to seat us. Both the upstairs and downstairs areas were pretty packed, which was not surprising. They had a live jazz band playing on the stage too. A very nice brunch experience.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin