Monday, March 2, 2009

garlic prawns

I went to Costco on Friday with the intention of getting a couple of relatively small things and of course, walked out with about a dozen items and a pricier receipt than expected. On my way to the meat section, I noticed a new seafood setup and so I bought a pack of tiger prawns - I think it was like 1.5 lbs. for $15. Plus I got a really nice big piece of salmon and a large tuna steak. So many reasons why I like Costco ... too bad my freezer isn't bigger!

I've never cooked with prawns before, so I Google'd for a recipe. I found a bunch but decided to just roll with it in the end. I put them in a single layer into two casserole dishes - one with just garlic, olive oil, and black pepper for me; one with garlic, olive oil, and cracked red pepper for Tony. Baked them for 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven, and they turned out pretty good. Oh and I added a little dab of butter when I took them out (read that in a couple of the recipes).

And as if that didn't help our garlic intake for the night, I made us some garlic pasta (fettucine noodles) to go with them. Sorry for the blurry photo.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin