Saturday, February 21, 2009

henrietta's table in harvard square

Gosh, I've just about completely neglected my regular blog and realize that I've been doing nothing but going out to eat lately. Sheesh. Might explain the tight pants, although I was hoping that it was because of the long johns I've been wearing. :-/

Anyway ... I digress. I had dinner with a friend at Henrietta's Table last night at the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square. I have to say that it was truly a nice experience. I used to be anti-restaurant-in-a-hotel because I know they can be pricy and a little too frou-frou sometimes. They do have some pricy entrees, I'll admit, but it wasn't over the top. It has a really cozy atmosphere and a local-based menu.

We both ordered appetizer dishes, plus shared two side items. She had the Maine Rock crab cake with grilled asparagus and house-made tartar sauce and said it was delicious. I had the House Smoked Pastrami Salmon which was served on field greens with chive oil, crispy potato wafers and lemon Vermont creme fraiche and it was just awesome. We split the mashed potatoes and butternut squash sides which were simply yummy themselves (and enough to feed like four people). I had two glasses of 7 Deadly Zins wine, one of my stepdad's favorites (note to self: try to get a bottle for home soon). The best part (and the part I've been craving all day!) was dessert: a coconut cream cake. OMG. To die for!!

Their logo is a pig and so they give you a small plate of gingerbread pig cookies at the end of your meal. Of course, we were so stuffed by then that we didn't eat any, but it's still a really cute gesture. Will definitely take Tony there some day, even if it's just for the coconut cake!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin