Monday, March 2, 2009

food = love?

It does when it's a plate of medium rare lamb and cheesy mashed potatoes. :) Gotta love affordable rack of lamb from Costco.

We stopped at Savenor's on our way home from work today and they happened to have a caviar tasting event going on. (Reminder to self: must sign up for their newsletter online!) Since it's a small store, it was really crowded around the tasting table so we didn't get a chance to try any caviar. But we did get to sample some smoked salmon, smoked trout, and a couple of different champagnes which was a really nice treat. We really enjoyed the smoked trout so I grabbed a pack of them plus some creme fraiche to eat as an appetizer before dinner (I was starving!). It was my first time ever buying either item and I have to say, I think I have a new favorite snack!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin