Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3 days, 3 restaurants

My, my, my ... we certainly have not had a lack of social outings over the past three days. Last Saturday night, we met up with some friends (at a rather late hour I might add, for our age anyway - lol) at Brasserie Jo in the Back Bay. One of our friends ordered the crab cake appetizer which she said was yummy, but there were only two on the plate! I had the munchies so I ordered some of their fries. I've been there before with our friend Jill a few years ago during Restaurant Week, and they have a really yummy steak frites dish.

It's a nice restaurant and it's part of the Colonade Hotel. It has kind of a frou-frou feel to it (as most French restaurants do, right?) but at the same time, it has a nice little bar area which is fine if you want to get a few drinks and nibble on some appetizers. Or boiled eggs offered for free.
Then on Sunday, we met up with Marina and her mom, Antonia, in Boston for lunch. We managed to find a parking spot near Newbury Street and ended up at Atlantic Fish. Tony had been there once before with a friend and said that the food was amazing. And I think the three of us agreed with him after our meals were served - simply delicious! Antonia had a grilled salmon fillet with roasted potatoes. The salmon was so tender and moist. Marina had a cup of clam chowder and their fried oysters. Tony had a fish sandwich and I had the lobster ravioli.

I have to say that it was the best lobster ravioli I've ever had. Seriously. There were big chunks of lobster on top of the ravioli as well, and I sopped up every bit of the sauce with bread. Kind of embarrassing actually! Would definitely love to take my parents here when they're in town again. I can see why they say it's the best seafood restaurant in Boston!

And then I had lunch with a friend yesterday in Harvard Square at a restaurant called Om. Another restaurant that I've been to during Restaurant Week and folks - let's just say - don't go here for lunch if you're ever in a hurry. We both got the Kobe burgers which seemed to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to cook or put together even though we were the only ones in the whole restaurant. We basically only had a couple of minutes to take 3 or 4 bites before we had to ask the waiter to pack everything up to go so that we wouldn't be extremely late for a meeting. Embarrassing yet annoying on so many levels, know what I mean? Yowzers.

It really was too bad that we couldn't sit and enjoy our burgers because the place is beautifully decorated and it has a nice atmosphere. The burgers were really yummy but again, I was bummed that I couldn't finish it! Oh man, such a great idea putting an egg on a burger.

I stopped by Tony's office after the meeting and got to see his new office for the first time. I gave him the rest of the burger for his lunch today, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Lucky.

After three days of delicious dish after dish, having plain pasta with a little bit of butter for dinner tonight didn't seem so great, but it probably was a little lighter on the calorie intake so that's a good thing. :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin