Thursday, August 27, 2009

farmers market, 08.25.09

My coworker and I decided to take the 12:00 pm shuttle from our off-site location to the Harvard campus to check out farmers market finds. I had also heard that one of the chefs from Hungry Mother was going to be creating a free food sample during the first hour, so that made for even more of an excuse to get out of the office, stretch our legs, and enjoy the beautiful summer day.

The first stop was at the Danish Pastry House stand. I love to buy fresh bread and pastries from them whenever I visit the farmers market.


The double chocolate cookie is Tony's favorite from them. I bought us a nice long loaf of French bread for dinner to go with this big head of lettuce that we made a salad out of.

We were tempted to buy some of these beautiful azaleas. So many pretty colors that would make a gorgeous bouquet.

I ended up getting a ball of fresh mozzarella from Fiero di Nonna (so sweet and good!), a couple of small yellow tomatoes, blueberries, and a cucumber. And then we stopped off at the "live cooking demo" table where there were two chefs from Hungry Mother putting together a dish they called "Caveach".


It was made with bluefish, watermelon pickle, fresh market veggies and herbs. I couldn't eat any of it (stupid watermelon!) but my coworker and Tony said that it was quite delicious!


It's funny how free food (or anything labeled "free" for that matter) will attract a crowd. I took about ten other shots but they all came out blurry because some woman was in my way and she actually bumped my arm a couple of times as she was [apparently] excitedly waiting for the samples to be done.

Sure did look yummy, huh?!?!

Unfortunately, we had to go back to work and couldn't stay out longer to enjoy the beautiful weather. It was finally nice and sunny out without being too humid.

Don't forget - the farmers market at Harvard goes on until mid-October. Each Tuesday from 12:30 to 6:00 pm. Check it out if you can!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin