Thursday, December 27, 2007

jae's cafe and grill ~ williamstown, ma

We went out for lunch on Christmas Eve with Tony's mom, brother, sister-in-law, and his sister-in-law's mother and decided to check out the new Jae's Cafe and Grill that recently opened up. There are a couple of Jae's restaurants here in Boston but we've never tried them yet (definitely will after this experience!).

Marina and I were really craving sushi so of course, that's what we ordered. I got the Spider roll with soft shelled crab, avocado, cucumber, spicy mayo and tobiko and it was really yummy. I also really liked the spicy tuna roll, and so did Tony.

Tony's brother had the duck fried rice, Marina's mom had the coconut shrimp (totally think I'll order that next time - they looked so good!), and his mom got the mango chicken which he said was excellent (after eating her leftovers the next day). So, I think it's safe to say we'll try to venture over to one of his locations in Boston sometime soon.

I know this is weird but we all noticed the ceiling inside the restaurant. Kind of cool with the doors hanging off the ceiling like that.

And we got loose tea that came in these cute (but hot!) teapots.

Of course, forgot to take the picture before putting a piece of sushi in my mouth ...

1 comment:

Chris said...

I've been to that Jae's (I used to attend MCLA) I don't know if they have it still, but the MCLA roll (named for the school) is phenomenal!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin