Wednesday, May 5, 2010

green street grill

We recently had dinner with a couple of friends at the Green Street Grill in Cambridge. It's a great place for drinks and apps at the bar because it has a nice atmosphere and a good menu selection. During this visit we sat upstairs in the dining area.

One friend and I had the special that night: gnocchi with mushrooms ($24) (I forgot what kind she said they were). The neat thing is that they seared the gnocchi in a pan so that it was slightly crispy on the outside, which added a little bit of a crunchy texture. The mushrooms were teeny and delicious. The sauce was made with white wine, lemon, and cream and went really well with my glass of Arinto (Pires, Casa Santos Lima, Portugal, $7). I sopped up the sauce with the complimentary bread - it was that good!


My husband had the skirt steak dish ($24) which was served on top of asparagus and then topped with a bread salsa. He enjoyed it especially (I think) because they did a nice job of keeping the meat medium rare.

One of our friends had a couple of items from the starter menu as a meal. She had the asparagus salad ($8, I think) and the charcuterie of the day which was a pork pate ($5, I think).

We ended up sharing the tres leches dessert ($7) which was extremely good. I don't think I've ever had tres leches before so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the cake was extremely moist and so nicely sweetened. And how can you go wrong with toasted coconut on anything, right?! I might have to do one of these by myself next time. :)

We don't usually make it out to the Central Square area of Cambridge that often, but it's nice to know that this is a great place to stop at if we are nearby and in search of a good food and good drinks.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin