Saturday, February 16, 2008

small plates

I read about Small Plates in the February 2008 issue of Lola magazine, so when Renee and I went out for dinner yesterday I suggested that we tried it out. It's a good thing we did. The food is amazingly good, the atmosphere was nice and cozy, and the prices weren't outrageous. The waiter was very patient with our gazillion questions about ingredients in a lot of the dishes (Renee didn't want to make a trip to the E.R. due to an allergic reaction - LOL), and the chef was accomodating to my request to leave out a tomato ingredient. I definitely want to go back with Tony some time.

The entry way to the restaurant off of JFK Street.

This cracked us up!

They have these mini burgers (upper left) where they switch the ingredients inside them each night. This time they had black and regular sesame seeds inside them with tarragon, so I couldn't eat them but Renee said they were extremely yummy. We shared the scallops (upper right) which were served on top of black sticky rice, and mushrooms (bottom) which were served with roasted garlic and basil infused olive oil. All of it was so delicious!

This is the chicken confit dish which is served with roasted onion, goat cheese, and a tomato confit that I asked them to omit. Very tasty.

For dessert, we had the jasmine rice pudding which was served with a shot of Mexican hot chocolate. Wow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This location used to be my favorite restaurant in Harvard Sq. It was Iruna, a Spanish restaurant, which had great paella and the BEST gazpacho in the world (and I have tried to find better all over and haven't come up with one yet).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin